- 8th Grade Dance at AHS, 7:00
- Band to Adventureland
- Home & School, 6:00
- 8th to Outing Club
- AHS Baccalaureate Mass, 3:00, Sacred Heart
- AHS Graduation, 5:30, AHS Gym
Altar Server Training, 11:30AM, Church
A variety of programming for school age JFK and OLV families is being planned for the summer months of June, July, and August.
Leaps and Bounds: Does your child need extra instructions in the basics of reading or math? Are you looking for a way to provide additional academic challenge for your student? This summer school type program will provide individualized and small group academics with a 1 to 7 student to teacher ratio. Please see our Leaps & Bounds Registration for more information.
Math Boot Camp: This will help to kick start your student’s math skills before school begins in August. Students will work with an Iowa certified teacher to review main concepts learned in the previous grade. Math Boot Camp is for students of all learning ability levels entering grades 6-8. Please see our Math Boot Camp Registration for more information.
Vacation Bible School: Children who have completed Kindergarten through 4th grade will enjoy a week of activites, crafts, skits, songs, and Bible stories. VBS meets for one week during the summer and for three and one half hours each day. Please see our Vacation Bible School Registration for more information.
Instrumental Lessons: Would your son or daughter like to develop their instrumental skills over the summer? Private lessons can be a great help at retaining the current knowledge that they have on their instrument. Lessons can be arranged weekly or bi-weekly, a certain amount over the course of the summer, or sporadically. Please see our Instrumental Lessons Registration for more information. To arrange for music lessons, please contact Mr. Connors at email@example.com.
Summer Tutoring: Does your son or daughter need some extra one-on-one academic help during the summer? How about a head start on the next school year? Is your child interested in some coaching for a summer STEAM project? JFK teachers are available this summer for tutoring students in a variety of areas. Tutoring is one-on-one for grades K-8 by the hour or half-hour. Please see our Summer Tutoring Registration for more information.
- Altar Server Training will be on Saturday, June 2nd from 11:30-1:00 PM in the church, for all boys and girls of the parish (4th grade and up) interested in serving at Mass. At least one parent needs to attend to complete the necessary paperwork.
Campus Safety Listening Sessions:
Thanks to all who participated. While there were many nuanced differences, there are probably two main ideas emerging in regards to safety concerns relating to traffic in the parking lot during drop off and dismissal times and safety concerns relating to children being in the parking lot before/after school and recesses:
- Change drop off/pick up procedures/routes/barriers and also develop a hard surface play area south of the current play equipment.
- Change drop off/pick up procedures/routes/barriers and “flip” the parking lot so that student activity is on the south end of the lot and traffic and parking is on the north end of the lot.
Developing a new location for handicapped and short term visitor parking for the school was widely supported. For dealing with congestion on 42nd Street when buses are on the street, the only option receiving any level of support was to see if the city would eliminate parking on the north side of the street during bus times.
Please contact the school office, if you were unable to attend but would like to share your feedback. Someone from the steering group will respond to your request.
- Help Mrs. Tilkens and her family care for little CJ through GoFundMe: CJ Cancer Fight
- Register Now: 3, 4, and 5 year old preschool and/or childcare registration has begun. Register now before all the spots are taken!
- Visit our Facebook page for the latest photos and messages. Request access to the closed group JFK Moms & Dads to reach just our community. Don’t forget to “like” us!
- Tuition contracts for the 2018-19 school year are due.
- Kindergarten Round-up has passed, but we are still accepting kindergartners for next year. Contact the school office to reserve your spot.
The Principal’s Post
100% of 5th-8th graders are involved in public speaking.
Over 270 2nd-8th graders received the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
89% of students are Catholic. 11% have another religious tradition.
85% of JFK’s 5th graders participate in Band.
Campus Safety Review and Updates Underway