John F. Kennedy
There is a difference in education.
Leaps & Bounds Session III
July - Aug
24 - 4
Leaps & Bounds Session IV
Back to School Registration, 10:00 – 1:00
Back to School Registration, 5:00 – 7:00
Unpack Your Backpack, 6:00 – 7:00
- Finalize your registration for Leaps & Bounds, our academically focused summer program. Sessions III and IV are available. See the calendars for July and August for the dates.
- Several individuals and groups have inquired about installing a permanent memorial for Peg Gooder out by the playground equipment. We are now accepting donations for a memorial bench to be purchased and installed in her memory. If you or your organization would like to make a donation for such a memorial, please send it to the school office in an envelope labeled, “Peg Gooder memorial.” Checks can be written to Our Lady of Victory.
- Replacement of the boiler and controls in 17 classrooms begins this week. The estimated cost of this project was nearly $172,000 when approved by OLV’s Finance Council. Since then, we have received a Scott County Regional Authority (Bettendorf riverboat) grant for nearly $20,000 to pay for the electronic controls in classrooms and some offices. The Mid-American rebates keep getting better too, and we may be close to $30,000. Every bit of savings that we have in these projects puts us that much closer to a doable timeline for air conditioning and ventilation! We are so grateful for the parish investment in its school!
- Three, four, and five year old preschool registration continues, although some classes are starting to fill. Don’t delay!
- Need childcare with your preschool? We still have a few preschool spots with childcare available. Contact the school office now.
- K-8 tuition contracts were due prior to May 1st. We are now in open registration, and spots will not be reserved for returning families. If you haven’t yet returned your tuition contract, return it ASAP so you don’t lose your spot. If you have questions about your contract, please contact Rita Nagle in the parish office.
The Principal’s Post
100% of 5th-8th graders are involved in public speaking.
Over 270 2nd-8th graders received the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
89% of students are Catholic. 11% have another religious tradition.
85% of JFK’s 5th graders participate in Band.
$170,000 school heating system project began in March.