Diocese of Davenport COVID Update – 2/6/2021 –
Questions have been asked regarding Iowa Governor Reynold’s lifting of mask requirements and gathering limits. The protection protocols in the diocese have not changed. Masks, 6’ social distancing between non-household members, hand sanitizing and sanitizing of surfaces continue to be required in well ventilated spaces. Approved gatherings should be kept to 30 minutes or less if possible.
The pandemic continues to be life-threatening for people who have an elevated risk of infection due to age or medical condition. Until most people are vaccinated, the threat will continue. Please continue to do your best to keep safe and to keep others safe.
Cozy Corner topics and Information –
November 1, 2020 – Helpful Tips for Dealing with Stress and Anxiety
November 8, 2020 – How Depression Can be Dealt with Successfully
Suicide Prevention Numbers – National Suicide Prevention Line: 1-800-273-8255 Substance Abuse & Mental Health Hotline: 1-800-662-4357
Your Life Iowa: 1-855-581-8111 or text: 1-855-895-8398 website: www.yourlifeiowa.org
November 15, 2020 – Safety Tips for Living Alone at Home
November 22, 2020 – Coping with loneliness during the pandemic
November 29, 2020 – Tips for seniors on nutrition
December 6, 2020 – Keep your cognitive skills healthy
December 13, 2020 – Low impact exercises you can do at home
December 20, 2020 – How to cope with stress during the holidays
December 27, 2020 – Making “reasonable” New Years resolutions you can keep
January 3, 2021 – Symptoms, causes and treatments of Seasonal Affective Disorder
January 10, 2021 – How poverty affects your health
January 17, 2021 – Healthy coping strategies
January 24, 2021 – Blood donations needed during the pandemic
January 31, 2021 –Ways you can support our healthcare and front line workers during the pandemic
February 7, 2021 – How pre-existing conditions are affected by COVID
COVID -19 Vaccine Information 1/27/2021 – If you have a Genesis healthcare provider and you are over 65, you should call your provider and get your name on their list for the COVID-19 Vaccine. If you live in Illinois, Trinity has a contract with HyVee’s across the state and also will be using Walgreens and Jewel Osco. They have no plan yet for Trinity Iowa providers.
Costco will be giving the vaccine along with CVS and Walgreens but none of them in Iowa have vaccines yet.
Press Release Diocese of Davenport – Reopening of Churches 5/23/2020
Updated information from the Diocese of Davenport 4/28/2020
Press Release Diocese of Davenport 4.28.20
Message from Bishop Zinkula 04 28 2020
Update on Coronavirus – COVID-19 from Our Lady of Victory as of 4/17/2020
Diocese has moved to Step 3 –
- All public celebrations of the Mass (and all other public liturgies or devotions) are cancelled UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- All large group meetings, conferences, retreats and the like in the diocese are cancelled UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- All faith formation classes and activities are to be cancelled (use electronic formats if possible) UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- All Catholic schools will be closed through the end of the school year. All extracurricular events are to be cancelled.
- JFK will continue remote learning for all grades through the end of the school year. Kindergarten through 8th grade will be using an “instructed, required, and assessed” model. Preschool for three year old, four year old, and five year old students will have lessons through remote learning, but will not be required.
If you have any questions, please call the Parish office at 563-391-4245