Recent examples of reaching out to the community include the following:
- Assisting at parish and/or school events such as the Parish Picnic and Parish Bazaar.
- Providing babysitting during Home and School Meetings.
- Serving funeral Masses.
As a part of a class or group:
- Preparing packages to send to U.S. troops serving in Afghanistan for Jason’s Box.
- Foregoing the traditional gift exchange at Christmas time to instead give Christmas “gifts” to various groups such as the Humility of Mary, Bethany Home, and other worthwhile causes.
- Participating in Ridgecrest Masses.
- Adopting “grandmothers” at a nursing home by girl scouts.
- Assisting at the Salvation Army dinner.
- Visiting the residents of Good Samaritan Home.
- Preparing “I Care Kits” for the homeless.
As part of an entire community:
- Organizing school wide efforts such as Pennies for Patients, Pennies for Pies, and Holy Childhood Association.
- Creating Valentines for parishioners, service men and women, and Ridgecrest residents.