The Board of Education has established a technology committee that has created a Vision (found under Policies and Forms) to guide the use and expansion of technology at John F. Kennedy Catholic School. This vision, which is much broader than just computers, attempts to bring technology into all areas of education where appropriate.
Current technology uses:
- Laptops for classroom activities, with a 1:1 student to computer ratio in the upper grades and both tablets and computers in all other grades.
- Wireless network throughout the building.
- Google Apps for Education for 5th through 8th grades.
- Interactive whiteboards and LCD projectors in all classrooms.
- Rosetta Stone language learning software in Foreign Language classes.
- i-Ready online math instruction
- Web-based online textbooks for science, math, and reading.
- Tablets in the Preschool classrooms and K-2. Additional computers are also in K-4 classrooms.
- Typing lessons in the 3rd through 5th grades.
- Individual and projection microscopes.
- Automated phone/text/email system for important notices.
- Staff email for better communication.
- Principal email to parents on notes going home.
- Weekly Principal’s Post (newsletter) on the website.
- Updated calendar on the website.
- Password protected access to students’ grades and lunch accounts.
- Social media for enhanced communciation