All parents/guardians of students enrolled in band at JFK are members of the JFK Band Boosters. The purpose of the JFK Band Boosters is to support the needs of all of our bands at JFK. The JFK Band Boosters pay for sheet music and music books, instrument repair, Solo Fest fees, Honor Band fees, band festival fees, purchase and maintenance of band uniforms, medals for the graduating eighth grade band students, and a scholarship to Assumption High School for an eighth grade band student who will continue his/her musical pursuits with the AHS Band. Boosters also launder the band shirts after concerts and provide refreshments at the Band Concerts. Boosters try to provide additional activities and rewards to make Band fun for the students.
JFK Band Booster meetings are held in September, November, January, March and May. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend.
There are many other opportunities to volunteer and help. Helping out is a great way to meet other parents, and we can’t do everything we do without your support.
- Performance trip to Adventureland in May.
- Band medals to graduating 8th grade students.
- Band scholarship for Assumption High School student continuing in band.
- University of Iowa Band Extravaganza
- Marching with Assumption High School Marching Band
- 6th Grade Band Fest at Assumption High School
- 6th-8th grade Solo Fest
- Optional trip for 8th graders to see the Blue Man Group in Chicago with other area Catholic school 8th grade band students.
Butter Braid Bread Sales – Band students take orders in November and December for assorted frozen dough that has become a holiday favorite. See www.butterbraid.com for more information on the products. Contact any Band or Band Booster member to place an order during the sale.
Summer Ice Cream Social – The band takes part in hosting an ice cream social during a Bettendorf Park Band Concert.
Scratch Cupcakes – The band sells Scratch Cupcakes as a fundraiser.
Band Trivia Night – The boosters put on a trivia night at the Knights of Columbus to help raise funds.