The JFK Difference
Scott County Video
Annual Progress Report
Meeting Students' Needs
Other Academic Contests
Living Our Faith
Service to Others
JMC Student Grade System
Policies & Forms
Paws in Jobland
Iowa AEA Online Student Resources
ConnectED Math Textbook Site for 6th-8th Grades
ThinkCentral Math Textbook Site for K-5th Grades
School Web Lockers
Athletic Fields Use
Guardian Angel Preschool
Early Childhood Learning Center
After Care Program
Before School Care
Musicals / Theater
Home & School
Foundation 300 Club
Foundation Memorial Gifts
Board of Education
Scott County Catholic Schools Advisory Board
Parish Pastoral Council
Athletic Club Minutes - March 12th, 2009
Those attending: Corey Overturf, Nancy Iossi, Barb Milke, Chad Steimle, Brad Ward, Karl Stratman, Lynn Olds
Corey called the meeting to order.
Secretary’s report from November was reviewed and approved. There was no January meeting due to weather.
Treasurer’s report: Reports from January and March were reviewed and approved with minor wording changes from bonus to appreciation gift.
– All is going well with the adjustable height brackets and new rims. Thank you to Matt Hirst for overseeing installation in December. Need to follow up on maintenance and warranty information.
– Completed before Christmas. Scheduled for 4th of July weekend.
– After reviewing old uniforms in the cage, approved spending up to $300 of the “Misc” budget line for plain green and white reversible with numbers on the back for use next fall by the JFK basketball team practices.
– Reviewed list and photos Barb prepared and assigned different items to various people for removal/follow up.
Dad’s Club Sports
– Coaches have packets for Spring Soccer (2 6/7/8 teams this year). Softball sign up is due March 31. Corey would like to get the teams getting Sportsmanship Awards noted in the Principal’s Post.
– Corey has this as a spring project. It was noted that the kids are starting to go outside in the front now.
– Corey reported he found a good deal on a removable set and has most of it in the cage ready for installation pending location selection.
– Karl will handle awards and trophies. Nancy has meat, drink, and decoration and speaker duties. Barb will handle invites, table service and also try to get a certificate made up for each athlete. Everyone will help with set up and clean up if available. It was suggested we ask 7th grade to assist with setting the parish center up for MWA Speech Contest the next morning.
Hot Dog Machine
– Peg has always wanted to add this to the concession stand to enhance our offerings. $97 of the Misc budget line was used to purchase. Responsibility for use and any profit from is turned over to Athletic Director.
– Due to a ice jam/leak many uniforms were discovered damp in boxes that were falling apart after a long weekend. Athletic Club laundered all uniforms and purchased Rubbermaid totes for storage (misc budget line).
– Chad indicated possible grant funding is still underway. If Athletic Club funds are needed, he will let us know.
– Chad indicated since Brad has the form, they will update with a new due date being used for all scholarships this year and distribute the forms to 8th graders.
– the Parish is asking all school and parish groups to set up a booth at the Ministry Fair. Barb volunteered to get banner and supplies, Nancy will help set up and Corey will work Sat evening. Barb will be there on Sunday.
– The mulch and aglime will need to be evaluated when it warms up. The paint on the softball field benches peeled off over the winter and Barb will look into getting the benches cleaned up.
2009-10 Officers/2009 Magazine Chair
– Barb has individuals interested in helping with different parts of magazine sale, but would still like an overall chair to work with in the fall. Barb and Nancy do not plan to continue on the board next year, so spread the word to anyone interested. Elections will be in May.
The meeting was adjourned after noting the Acrodunk show will be April 17 and next meeting will be May 14.
1627 West 42nd Street
Davenport, IA 52806
© 2011 Our Lady of Victory Parish & John F. Kennedy Catholic School