Celebration of the Eucharist
Students at John F. Kennedy start attending our Wednesday all school Masses in kindergarten. The students assist at Mass as song leaders, readers, altar servers, and offertory bearers on a rotating basis.
First Friday is also Adoration of the Eucharist at Our Lady of Victory. Students go over to the church with their classes to participate in Adoration each first Friday of the month.
Students also travel to Ridgecrest during the school year to celebrate and share the Eucharist with the community there.
Prayer throughout the day
Students have many opportunities to give thanks and pray for special intentions throughout the day at JFK. Examples of this include the following:
- Starting the school day in each classroom with a prayer.
- Areas in each classroom where the students can gather for special prayer services.
- Prayer before and after lunch.
- All school recitation of the Rosary.
- All school participation in the Stations of the Cross.
- Learning of traditional prayers in Religion class.