This year I get the supreme task of teaching grades K-6! Mrs. Hinchman will continue her great work with the 7th and 8th grade. We are looking forward to their play “Kokonut High” in November!
My focus this year will be to make sure that each child is prepared in three ways:
- To be TUNEFUL – to have tunes in their heads and learn to coordinate their voices to sing those tunes
- To be BEATFUL – to feel the pulse of music and how that pulse is grouped in either twos or threes
- To be ARTFUL – to be moved by music in the many ways music can elicit an emotional response
(taken from John M. Feierabend’s “First Steps in Music”)
Please mark your calendars for the following concerts:
- December 14 – 3rd & 4th Christmas Show
- December 19 – K, 1st & 2nd Christmas Show
- March 15 – 5th & 6th Spring Show
- May 10 – 4th Grade Recorder Concert (with 5-8th Band)
IT’S GOING TO BE A GREAT YEAR!
It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge. – Albert Einstein
Mrs. Jennifer Van Speybroeck graduated from St. Ambrose University with a Bachelor of Music Education. She has taught many musical genres over the years including band, choir, piano, voice, and French horn. Mrs. Van Speybroeck is enthusiastic about teaching music and loves to bring the gift of music to others.
She is member of Our Lady of Victory Parish and may occasionally be seen cantoring at Mass. Mrs. Van Speybroeck is married to Mike and they are the proud parents of three beautiful, talented (and very busy!) daughters.