I’m so excited to be teaching all music classes this year at JFK! Here are our performance dates for the 2018-19 school year.
- Sunday, November 18 – JFK Choir sings at the 9am Mass
- Thursday, Dec. 6 – 5th & 6th Christmas Show
- Tuesday, Dec. 18 – K-2 Christmas Show
- Feb. TBA – JFK Choir Concert with Assumption High School
- March 28 – 3rd & 4th Spring Show
- April 30 – 7th & 8th Grade Spring Music Concert (choir and general music classes)
Please see the school calendar for the most up to date times/changes.
Mrs. Van Speybroeck
Each child will be prepared in three ways:
- To be TUNEFUL – to have tunes in their heads and learn to coordinate their voices to sing those tunes
- To be BEATFUL – to feel the pulse of music and how that pulse is grouped in either twos or threes
- To be ARTFUL – to be moved by music in the many ways music can elicit an emotional response
(taken from John M. Feierabend’s “First Steps in Music”)
It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge. – Albert Einstein
Mrs. Jennifer Van Speybroeck graduated from St. Ambrose University with a Bachelor of Music Education. She has taught many musical genres over the years including band, choir, piano, voice, and French horn. Mrs. Van Speybroeck is enthusiastic about teaching music and loves to bring the gift of music to others.
She is member of Our Lady of Victory Parish and may occasionally be seen cantoring at Mass. Mrs. Van Speybroeck is married to Mike and they are the proud parents of three beautiful, talented (and very busy!) daughters.