Spring is here! We are ready for the following concerts!
- Thwacked! (5th and 6th grade Musical)
- Tuesday, March 13 at 1:30 and 7:00 in the gym
- Recorder Concert (4th grade only)
- Thursday, May 10 at 1:40 in the gym (concert will be recorded for parents that work during the day!)
******4th GRADE – Access Recorder Karate here: http://www.musick8.com/rkdojo/rksounds.php (check email for user name and password)******
We are racing to the end of the school year! Feel free to contact me with any questions!
Please see the school calendar for the most up to date times/changes.
Mrs. Van Speybroeck
Each child will be prepared in three ways:
- To be TUNEFUL – to have tunes in their heads and learn to coordinate their voices to sing those tunes
- To be BEATFUL – to feel the pulse of music and how that pulse is grouped in either twos or threes
- To be ARTFUL – to be moved by music in the many ways music can elicit an emotional response
(taken from John M. Feierabend’s “First Steps in Music”)
It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge. – Albert Einstein
Mrs. Jennifer Van Speybroeck graduated from St. Ambrose University with a Bachelor of Music Education. She has taught many musical genres over the years including band, choir, piano, voice, and French horn. Mrs. Van Speybroeck is enthusiastic about teaching music and loves to bring the gift of music to others.
She is member of Our Lady of Victory Parish and may occasionally be seen cantoring at Mass. Mrs. Van Speybroeck is married to Mike and they are the proud parents of three beautiful, talented (and very busy!) daughters.