Selecting a Gospel Value below will take you to my Pinterest board focused on the Gospel Value of the month.
We have all said it…Parenting is the hardest job you will ever love. It seems that just as soon as you think you have your child figured out, they are on to something new and their needs have changed. The world is changing as fast as our kids. For many of us, much of our professional life is spent trying to keep up with the changes. The Home & School sponsored Parent Education nights are a forum for parents to come together to discuss strategies and share resources on a variety of topics relevant to parenting in a world much different than the one we grew up in.
- Promote positive attitudes among students toward self, family, peers and community.
- Assist students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
- Develop and deliver classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as healthy decision making, resolving conflicts and respecting others.
- Work collaboratively with students, parents and teachers to identify and remove barriers to learning.
- Support students by teaching skills for achieving success.
- Help students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
- Counsel students individually and in groups.
- Providing support during personal crises.
- Orientate new students
For Career Exploration
I have a plan Iowa is a fantastic future planning tool available to all students in Iowa. All 8th grade student in the state are required to complete the 8th grade guideway. Our JFK 8th grade students have all created accounts and are busy exploring the site. Ask your student about it!
Learning Style Inventory – a useful resource for understanding how you learn. For students and parents.
For A Healthy Lifestyle
For General Parenting
Useful information for both parents and teens from a Catholic perspective. The site offers helpful information and resources.
Kidshealth.org is a comprehensive website sponsored by Nemours Children’s Hospital. There are three sections to this site: for parents, for kids, and for teens.
Sponsored by BoysTown, parenting.org is a place that acknowledges that parenting is a difficult job. When parents are not sure what to do to help a struggling child the parenting.org site is a wonderful resource.
I am a proud graduate of St. Ambrose University and the Counselor Education Program at Western Illinois University. Like you, I am a parent trying to raise Catholic kids in a world that often times seems opposite those values. I believe all of our children are gifts from God and it takes a community to raise them. I am available to support your parenting journey in every way I can. As an active member of both the American Counseling Association and American School Counselor Association, I am committed to maintaining a strong counseling program at JFK. It is my goal to collaborate with parents and teachers to see that each student has the tools that they need to build a successful life.
E-mail me at email@example.com