Please review the calendars on our website. They are revised on a weekly basis, if not more often. Below are SOME of the upcoming events:
- Nov 6: 6th grade band festival at AHS, 7:00
- Nov 7: Band Boosters, 6:30, lib
- Nov 9: 7th/8th Crusader Theater, 7:00, PC (Tickets needed)
- Nov 10: In-Service. No classes. ECLC open. 7th/8th Crusader Theater, 7:00, PC (Tickets needed)
- Nov 11: Parishioners helping parishioners
- Nov 12: Cub Scouts’ Pinewood Derby
- Nov 13: Skate Night. Optional band field trip to the University of Iowa Band Extravaganza
- Nov 16: Home & School
- Nov 17: Blue Out Dress Day for JDRF
- Nov 18: Mock Trial
- Nov 22-24: Thanksgiving Break. ECLC open on Nov 22nd.
Memorial Bench for Peg Gooder
The memorial bench for Peg Gooder is currently in the foyer awaiting its permanent home outside by the play equipment. Peg will always be with us and JFK!
Pictured on the bench are Peg’s daughter, Sandy, and Peg’s grandson, Brandon.
Thank you for your responses to the survey regarding safety at JFK. We have a committee of parents and staff that is reviewing the responses, prioritizing them, and determining actions, as needed. I’d like to thank those who offered to help on the committee:
- Jeff Miller, parent of a current JFK student and JFK graduate and head of B & G for Muscatine School District
- Erin Pape, “current” parent and Davenport police officer
- Ashley Neumiller, “current” parent and former president of H & S
- Sheila Abbott, “current” parent and parent of a JFK graduate
- Jenifer Guyton, “current” parent and educator in an IL school district
- Elisha Kubalsky, “current” parent and JFK teacher
- Kitty Temming, parent of JFK graduates and JFK assistant principal
- Evan Brankin, youth ministry
- Jennifer Wemhoff, parent of JFK graduates and director of religious education
Strategic Planning for Scott County Catholic Schools
Pastors, board presidents, and administrators of Scott County Catholic schools and representatives from the AHS Foundation (which also operates the financial assistance program for Scott County Catholic schools and has agreed to pay for strategic planning) met last week. They agreed to pursue a consultant/consulting firm that could help determine how Catholic school education in Scott County can be made stronger and meet the needs for the future. A sub-group was formed to identify one or two options for the consultants. We anticipate that the consultant will utilize several focus groups and surveys after Christmas.
Three in a Row!
JFK’s 8th grade girls’ basketball team has gone undefeated for three years now. Congratulations! Below is a photo of the members of this year’s team.
Younkers Fundraiser for 8th Graders
JFK’s 8th graders are participating in the Younkers Community Days. They are currently selling $5 coupon books for the event that will run November 8-11. THEY GET TO KEEP 100% of the profit, which is used to help fund the 8th grade end of the year field trip. There are several ways to buy a coupon book:
1. Contact an 8th grader, or send $5 through backpack mail to Jody Beltran whose student is in 8K. Mrs. Beltran will send you a coupon book. Please indicate “Younkers Fundraiser” and your child’s name and teacher/grade on the envelope as well.
2. Buy online by following the simple steps in this post!