Preschool and Childcare Registration for 2018-19 Begins Feb 12th
3, 4, and 5 year old preschool and/or childcare registration for parishioners and families with siblings already at JFK begins on February 12th at 7:30 a.m. in the cafeteria. Open registration for all others begins on February 15th at 7:30 a.m.
Kindergarten Round-Up for 2018-19 is Thursday
Kindergarten Round-Up is on February 15th. Two sessions are available: 8:00 – 9:30 a.m. and 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Please call ahead so we can have a special package ready for your child.
Ash Wednesday Mass at 8:15
Ash Wednesday’s all school Mass is at 8:15 a.m. Masses are also at 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb 13: Red, White, and Pink out of uniform dress day
Friday, Feb 16: Red Out Day for Jump Rope for Heart: Bring in a donation of a dollar or more to have an out of uniform day, but you must wear RED!!!
Friday, Feb 23: Dress Like Your Favorite Teacher Fundraiser: For a $1 or more donation to be given to the Riverbend Food Bank, students can have fun dressing like their favorite teacher.
There are no classes on February 19th, President’s Day. ECLC is open.
- Allocates 90 percent of state per-pupil funding to follow the student to the institution of a family’s choice.
- Provides Education Savings Grants to kindergarteners and students who have attended a public school for the previous two semesters.
- Continues to provide Education Savings Grants to pupils who received a grant during the preceding school budget year and are eligible to enroll in grades 1-12.
- Covers approved education expenses such as private school tuition, textbooks, tutoring, online learning, and even certain kinds of therapies to meet each student’s unique needs.
- Creates opportunities for Iowa students all across the state despite their address or income.
Many studies have shown that school choice programs do not have a detrimental effect to the public schools in that area, and in the history of school choice programs, there has never been a mass exodus from the public schools when a widespread choice program was implemented.
St. Anne’s Circle is sponsoring a Euchre tournament on March 3rd at 5:30 in the parish center. Proceeds benefit OLV. Entry fee is $25 per person or $50 for a team of two. Teammates will plan together the entire night. Single players are welcome. Table assignments will be given the night of the event. Heavy snacks provided, and BYOB. For more information, please contact Loretta Reed (563-650-3040) or Helen White (563-391-3791).
Consider saying “yes” to a Christian Experience Weekend retreat at OLV. There is still time to sign up for the men’s retreat. In the 17 years I have been at JFK, I cannot say that I know of anyone who has attended a CEW who hasn’t had his or her life transformed. It provides a profound experience that allows one’s faith life to take a quantitative and/or qualitative leap, and it creates relationships in the faith community that will enhance one’s life now and ten years from now. The retreats are held in the school building and church. The men’s weekend is Feb 16-18. Please call Hollie Matthys (563-343-1910) or Charlie Jones (563-940-9350), if you have questions or to register. The actual applications can be found by clicking HERE.